Monday, October 17

Cute Turkey Burger Sliders

I don't know about you all, but I've always wanted to make mini sliders.... especially for the kids.
Found this recipe on a blog, what caught my attention was they claimed these are the
tastiest juiciest turkey burgers ever & a Martha Steward recipe 
(I omitted 2 ingredients).
And yes I agree.... they were really good & not dry at all.

RECIPE: (for the patties)
1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
1/4 cup minced red onion
 Dash of Tabasco Sauce
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire
1 ½ tsp. salt
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 pk. of 12 Dinner Rolls (your choice)

Combine turkey meat, red onions, Tabasco, Worcestershire, the 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and the Parmesan cheese in a large bowl; mix to combine. (Don't over work meat)

I press my thumb in the middle of each one.. so they don't get to fat. (Courtesy Mr. Bobby Flay)


RECIPE:Caramelized Sweet Onions
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 large onion
1/3 Tsp dried thyme
dash red pepper flakes
1 tsp sugar

To make the caramelized onions, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions, thyme, pepper flakes and sugar and stir until mixed. Cover and cook until onions are soften and browned – making sure to stir occasionally. (About 20 mins). Set aside.
*These are the best caramelized onions I've ever made :-)



Heat a grill pan to medium high. Form equal patties (10-11 sliders) about the size of the dinner rolls 
& cook them through, about 3-4 minutes per side. I made sure the pan was really hot & only added a tap of Grape seed oil if any... you really don't need any.


Top with cheese & melt.


Toppings of your choice: Tomato, Lettuce, Pickles... etc.


Serve on a large platter! These are just too cute!!


ENJOY!

Original Recipe:

2 comments:

  1. YUM!
    I am DEFINITELY following your blog. I love food and making food and tasting it .. the works!

    Thank you for following mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Thanks for the follow as well! I look forward to reading your blog! Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete