Tuesday, September 27

Roasted Herbed Chicken Breast

This should really be called:
Roasted Bone-In/ Skin-on Random Herbs, Garlic Galore, not spicy (but has a mild kick) Chicken Breasts

RECIPE:

4 (skin-on/ bone-in) chicken breast
1 whole head of garlic
2Tbsp of Fresh Parsley
2Tbsp Fresh Thyme
1Tbsp Fresh Mint
1Tbsp Fresh Basil
2Tbsp of Grape seed oil
1 Tbsp of Chile powder (because I'm out of paprika) ;)
White wine (your choice) enough to cover baking dish
Liberally Salt & pepper chicken breast

I used these fresh herbs because that's what I have growing in my garden, feel free to use
your favorite herbs. Wash/ Dry herbs and place in blender, add garlic cloves, Chile powder & oil.
BLEND! This should be a thick consistency.
Salt & Pepper chicken breast and rub well ALL OVER with the herbed mixture.


Heat a large skillet on medium heat & place chicken skin side down.
 Brown on both sides (about 6 mins per side).


After browning chicken, place in a baking dish (skin side up)
& add about 1/2 inch of white white to the dish.


Place in the oven at 350 degrees & bake for about 35- 40mins
Take out of the oven, allow to cool.


ENJOY!

*Enjoy with any side dish, or shred into soups, Chop into chunks for taco's or whatever you please.

Have additional questions? Comment below

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love your recipes! I've been meaning to try them I just get so tired with work and school!

    http://lovelyxobsessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really good. Thanks for having us over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovelyxobsessions: Thank you, glad your still checking out my recipes! I totally know what you mean.. Right now I'm on a mommy break! Thankfully because I actually have the time to prepare meals :-) .. I'll make sure I state if it's a fast meal, for those busy-bees like yourself!

    http://shesohungry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee to the funk: thanks for having dinner with us & for washing dishes :-p

    ReplyDelete