Wednesday, August 3

Barbeque Chicken Pizza (with a kick)

Pizza Anyone....?

So I have become addicted to barbecue sauce, I love it on anything (OK not anything). To name a few: on chicken, ribs, meatballs, chicken nuggets…YUM!

 I’ve never made BBQ pizza before; however, I’ve been dying to attempt it. Yesterday the opportunity arose and the end result….was pretty FANTASTIC! I began surfing the web for ideas, because I wanted a zesty pizza, and finally came across Serrano peppers & cilantro as toppings.

RECIPE:
1 packet of already made pizza dough (Trader Joe's)
few slices of red onion (less than 1/4)
1/2 to 1 Serrano pepper sliced
1 TB of cilantro
1/2 a cup of BBQ sauce
2 boneless chicken breast
Mozzarella cheese

**Allow dough to sit out and come to room temperature (20 mins). **


  1. Begin by chopping veggies & set aside. I purchased the (whole wheat) dough at Trader Joe's in the refrigerator section. Lets face it who's really going to make their own dough :-p (when I attempt it, I'll blog about the experience).
  2. Heat up pan, add 1 TB of oil, season chicken breast w/ Lawry's seasoning salt, and place in pan. Cook about 5-6 minutes per side.
  3. Remove chicken from pan, and cut into small cubes (bite size pieces). Place cubed chicken back in the pan and add half the barbecue sauce and mix to combine. Turn off heat!
  4. Flour a large surface and beginning rolling out the dough. (This takes a while) You may not know what your doing, I didn't my first time, but play around & have fun.
  5. Once dough is large enough to fit into an (oven) sheet pan, your ready to begin the fun part!

At this point turn oven on to 400 degrees!!

6. Add  a thin layer of BBQ sauce to the dough and sprinkle a small amount of cheese all over.
7. Add all the chicken to the dough
8. Top with more cheese (to your liking), add  red onion, and Serrano peppers ( My pizza has half Serrano peppers, I have kids).
9. Finally place PIZZA in oven for about 13-15mins (at 400 degrees).

10. Check pizza for melted chicken & semi-crisp edges, take out of the oven,
       and sprinkle all over with chopped cilantro.

I served our PIZZA with steamed corn and the cob!
ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment