Wednesday, August 24

Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs

Eat those Omega-3 Fatty acids.. from where?? From good old Mr. Salmon :)
Our friend here has 6 major health benefits from outer body to Cardiovascular health benefits. (Sorry for the health class, but after all I'm still a prospective Nursing student) soooo EAT up!

I have yet to show case my garden HERB collection (made up of 4 types) YES only four, however, four that I'm very proud of.... I'm the mother to Basil, Lemon Thyme, Parsley, and Mint Plants.
In this recipe I wanted to incorporate all my fresh herbs together in one dish 
(most recipes out there only included 2 herbs) and the end result -->
Mr. Salmon went to Flavor Town!
It was DIVINE (new fav. word :-p)

Parsley, Lemon Thyme, Basil, Mint

Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
RECIPE:

2 large garlic cloves (minced)
2 Tb. Parsley
2 Tb. Lemon Thyme
2 Tb. Basil
1Tb. Mint
Juice of half a Lemon
Olive oil
1 Tb. of unsalted Butter *optional
Salt & Pepper

Chop all herbs finely and place in a small bowl, add minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and COMBINE.


Cut Salmon into even portions and season with Salt & Pepper.

Arrange in a Baking Dish
Spoon HERB mixture over each Salmon fillet & top with a tiny square of butter*


Place Salmon in a Pre-Heated oven @ 350 degrees for 40 minutes


ENJOY!
* I served this with Brown Rice & Black Beans
(If your making brown rice, begin cooking after you place Salmon to bake)

Have additional questions? Comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment