Monday, February 4

Bacon wrapped Jalapeños Poppers

Jalapeño poppers are very popular right now!

 To be honest I had yet to try some homemade Jalapeño poppers. Everyone raves about them, so I knew they had to be delicious. I used Pioneers Women's recipe. (If you don't know her, look her up. She's amazing!) When I read the recipe, the cream cheese filling alone didn't appeal to me. So I added some pepper jack cheese to the mix.
I knew it would give it an extra kick! Let's get started!

RECIPE:
20 fresh Jalapeños
2 pks. Cream Cream (room temperature)
1/2 lb of Pepper Jack cheese
1-2 pks. of Bacon

*This recipe makes 40 poppers, if you make half the recipe 1 pk of bacon & cream cheese is plenty.

Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
Wash & slice your jalapeño lengthwise & remove the seeds.

 In a bowl combine the cream cheese & the shredded pepper jack cheese.


Spoon on some mixture in the jalapeño cavity. Fill all of your peppers.


Cut your bacon into 3 portions & begin to wrap each pepper. 
 (Pioneer women suggests using toothpicks to secure the bacon, I feel it's fine without)
 I tested half with toothpicks & half without ... they both came out the same!


Place left on a baking rack with a baking sheet underneath for drippings.
(I felt the baking rack really allowed the bacon to crisp up nicely & all the extra grease dripped away.)


Bake for 25-30 mins (top rack)
Remove & place a flat serving platter!


They are sooooooo delicious, some extra spicy & some not. Good luck! My sister & I were glad we added the pepper jack cheese, it changed the texture a bit & gave these an extra pop!
I can't wait to make these again.

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. my family lovees these i make them all the time but i also throw in cilantro into cream cheese mixture. my fave!!!

    ReplyDelete