Saturday, February 15

Valentine's Weekend Dinner



I'm a sucker for all things cute and romantic... well someone in this household needs to be!
Last year I created a romantic heart inspired menu. I began with my favorite kabobs. Shrimp!! I really have a deep affection for these things, I"ll eat shrimp all day/ everyday, don't judge me.
  I love things simple sometimes....
 
Shrimp Skewers:
 
1 lb medium deveined shrimp
1 small green, red, yellow bell peppers
1 small red onion
about 10 button mushrooms
1 lemon
1 garlic clove (minced)
wooden skewers
 
Begin by soaking the wooden skewers for 30 mins. Meanwhile marinate the shrimp in a ziplock bag by adding minced garlic, the juice of half a lemon, some olive oil (2 Tb), and salt/pepper. Pop these in the refrigerator to marinate. Cut your veggies into nice squares. After half an hour, you can begin to assemble these yummy skewers. The next step is a personal preference, you can either use an indoor grill or outdoor. Pretty much grill until the shrimp are pink & the veggies have some chard on them.
 
The second item to this romantic dinner is "Heart-Shaped" Steak Empanadas.. I'm providing the link to this amazing recipe below. Use a heart cookie cutter for the masa. Enjoy & have fun.. the first 5 hearts weren't perfect, but you'll get there I promise.
 
 
Happy Valentine's Day ... Weekend!! 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment