Sunday, February 16

My favorite Smootie

 
Here's my go-to smoothie when I haven't eaten or don't feel like cooking.

The ratios are 1 cup green veggies (kale or spinach), 1 cup frozen fruit (your choice)
Liquids: 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup water (add more if needed)
Grains: 1 Tb Chia seeds, 1 Tb flax seed, 2 Tb Raw Oatmeal or 6-8 raw almonds
Blend until smooth!!


 

A little insight:
I hope to continue this lifestyle forever, especially for my kids & the example I'm setting. 

My workouts are constantly
changing because I learn something new everyday. Baby steps will one day make
 a huge difference, so far these changes are definitely working for me. Let me clarify that I still
enjoy all the foods I love, except of course not everyday. However, if I'm
 having a heavier dinner, I'll maybe skip the weights and do extra cardio. Balance is key.
 
My weekly workout looks something like this:
Monday: 40 mins Legs & butt / 25mins Cardio
Tuesday: Arms, Boxing & Cardio (1hr total)
Wednesday: Pure cardio (treadmill, elliptical, jump rope or a variation of all 3) 45mins
Thursday: Repeat monday
Friday: Repeat tuesday
Saturday or Sunday: Cardio

I totally fell off schedule during the holidays and I'm slowing picking it back up :)
Shit happens, but don't give up!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment