I made these tacos over the summer... & I've been dying to share!
If you are familiar w/ "Barbacoa" (mexican meat dish) This pork has a very similar flavor... very Yummy!
5-6 Whole Pasilla chiles
4 garlic cloves (peeled)
1/2 medium onion
3 Tb oil
1 TB honey
1 Tb Cider Vinegar
2 tsp Dried oregano
3 3/4 Cups (low sodium) Chicken stock
1 Bay Leave / 1 Cinnamon Stick
3-4 lbs. Pork lion (untrimmed)
1. Put pasilla chiles & garlic in a bowl.. microwave for 2 mins. (Stem & seed). Transfer to of oil to a blender.
2. Add onion, olive oil, honey, vinegar, salt & oregano .... Puree until smooth!
3. Add 1 Tbsp a large skillet & heat over high heat, add chile sauce & fry until thick. (about 8mins)
4. Add chicken broth & reduce heat.
5. Season pork all over with salt & pepper.. chuck into large chunks -- add to your slow cooker!
6. Add bay leaf & cinnamon stick & pour in sauce.
Cook for 5 hours or until tender... or Cook in the oven for 1 hour @ 350 degrees covered, then uncovered for 30 mins more. Remove from slow cooker or oven & shred pork with a fork. Warm up tortillas & make TACOS!!
Suggested Toppings: Cilantro, purple cabbage, limes, queso fresco, sliced onion... etc.
Here's the link & a WAYYY better picture! Ha!