Friday, November 11

Pasta Primavera

I'm very excited to share this recipe! Ok I'm always very excited to share...
This happens to be the first "real" pasta recipe I learned to make.. I believe my Tia Hortencia shared it with my mom, glad she did! YUM!!! I know some variations of this dish contain Peas or other veggies. SO..add what you enjoy most, we actually added Eggplant this time & it worked, very tasty. I kinda forgot about it & had not made it since. Anyhow, I was visiting my parents this week & we decided to cook this! Don't let the recipe scare you off, it's long.. YES... but it's easy (just don't overcook the pasta & veggies). 

RECIPE:
(Serves 6)
1 lb. of Bow-Tie Pasta
2 cups of Asparagus (cut diagonally)
1 small stem of broccoli (cut out florets)
1 tbsp of Olive oil
1 Green, Red, Yellow Bell peppers (sliced)
1 small red onion (sliced)
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
a few Sun dried Tomatoes (chopped) *optional
1/2 cup of Chicken stock
1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
Crushed Red Pepper
1/2 Tbsp of Salt & some Pepper
Parmesan Cheese
Fresh Basil 

Cook pasta accordingly & add Broccoli/ Asparagus during the last minute... cook for 1 MINUTE only!!


Chop all Veggies... chop, chop, chop

Place chopped bellpeppers & onion in 1 plate.. Tomato separately


Heat up your LARGEST skillet (we want everything to fit at the end), add Olive oil.
Saute garlic, onion & bell peppers (5mins).
Add Tomato's & combine (1min).


Add Chicken stock, Heavy cream, salt/ Pepper & Chile flakes
 (cook for 2 mins or until it comes to a light simmer) Combine!


Add in Cooked Pasta, Cheese & sprinkle Basil ribbons
(Serve Immediately) or pasta drys up & may over cook especially if left covered.


Top with more cheese!!


SERVE..


*Optional.. Top with Chopped Chicken! YUM


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment