Monday, January 28

Roasted Balsamic Glazed Salmon

For a while now I've been craving a teriyaki glazed salmon,
  unfortunately for me I didn't have the right ingredients. 

However, a few weeks ago my father in law gifted me a set (which included Wine, olive oil & a balsamic vinegar). My inner light bulb went off! Not knowing what the outcome would be, I began searching the web for balsamic glazed salmon recipes. Soon enough I came across this one, I altered the glaze a bit using less than half the amounts called for. For me it came out just perfect, the right amount of glaze, not over powering the actual salmon. The balsamic makes the salmon somewhat sweet, it slightly resembled a teriyaki flavor. Although not as sweet. Hope you enjoy this as much as we did. 
My youngest isn't very fond of salmon & she loved it.

RECIPE:
3-4 Salmon Steaks (1 per person)
Salt & pepper
Olive oil

Pat Salmon steak dry & drizzle olive oil & salt/ pepper. Set aside. Now let's prepare the glaze!

Balsamic Glaze:
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 Tb Maple syrup
1 Tb Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove (minced)

Place all ingredients in a small sauce pot & simmer on low for 10 mins. Allowing the favors to combine & sauce to thicken. Stir frequently because the sauce can easily burn.


Place salmon on a baking sheet. Spoon sauce onto each piece, covering the top of the salmon. Bake Salmon at 375 degrees 15 minutes (depending on your oven). Until the side of the salmon looks thoroughly cooked.


Take out & serve! (Serve over rice & your favorite veggies.. 
(If your eliminating carbs from your diet, serve directly over veggies. Remember salmon packs a good nutritional value.) 

I also roasted green beans (salt/pepper, olive oil & roast for 12 mins). & roasted garbanzos (click the link) for a how to. http://www.shesohungry.blogspot.com/2013/01/roasted-garbanzo-beans.html


Topped with roasted garbanzos.. a little something extra!



ENJOY!! 

Below is the link to the original recipe, I altered it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment