Tuesday, January 28

Fiesta lettuce cups

 

Ingredients:
1 iceburg lettuce 
1lb ground beef
2-3 tb of Homemade taco seasoning
1 tomato (chopped)
3 green onions (chopped)
1/2 shredded cheddar cheese

I've said it many times but here it goes again, I always crave Taco Bell (no I don't always give into my cravings). Instead I look for ways of using the same flavors in healthier alternatives. This journey begins with my simple refried beans, which aren't really "fried". I cook the beans, mash with a bit of grape seed oil, some sautéed green onions & season towards the end if necessary. I then brown a pound of ground beef, add my homemade seasonings (which you can find the recipe on my blog). Simmer for 5 minutes & all done. For the toppings I chop tomato, green onions, shredded cheese & possibly some jalapenos if you like the heat. Lastly, wash some iceberg lettuce, tear into palm size pieces and begin by laying mashed beans, ground beef & the toppings of your choice.
Enjoy!! Oh, don't forget the salsa!!

3 comments: