Thursday, July 28
EASY Shrimp & Pasta
1 box thin spaghetti
1 lb. shrimp (tails on) * fresh or frozen
5-6 cloves of garlic
Zest of one lemon
1/2 - 1 cup reserved pasta cooking water
Hand full of parsley
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons olive oil (or coat the bottom of your pan)
Salt and Pepper
lots of Parmesan cheese
1.Cook pasta accordingly
2.Meanwhile warm up large skillet (big enough for shrimp and cooked pasta), coat bottom with olive oil and butter.
3. Sauté garlic (1 to 2mins)
4. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper; add lemon zest (cook until pink)
** Shrimp let off lots of liquid and that becomes the sauce ;)
(Don't strain pasta without reserving some pasta water)
5. Add in pasta straight from cooking water and don't forget to add 1/2 - 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
6.Combine pasta with shrimp, add about 1 cup Parmesan cheese, and parsley
** taste at this point and season if necessary :)
Serve immediately and sprinkle cheese on each plate..
& your DONE!
Other pasta opinions: linguine or regular spaghetti (most pasta's work well in this dish)
* For a fancy taste add in 1/2 of white wine 2mins after adding shrimp, its delish. ( that also means you'll need less pasta cooking water)
* I often buy frozen shrimp and add those straight to the pan when there's no time to defrost.
Substitute parsley for Thyme or Lemon Thyme, I feel it’s even better. (different herbs, bring out different tastes).
Lastly, this is my all time "go-to" SUPER FAST meal!
** Serve along side a simple salad ( takes the guilt away ;)..)
(I'm planning on making Shrimp Scampi next time, that post will include detailed pictures)