Tuesday, April 17

"Greek Style" Kale Salad


Dear Fellow Readers, I'm back!! 
Yay! Ok so I've been gone for over 2 months.. yes I got engaged & I have NO EXCUSE other then I've been in "LA-La land" fantasizing about my future.. still no excuse!!!

 Anyhow, Let's talk Kale... which is known for its rich content in vitamins & nutrients.
I've never tried kale before & was curious about its texture, taste, etc... I'm familiar with all the varieties in ways you can cook kale. For example in salads, soups, sauteed or juiced. I decided on a salad, why? Because you get the most nutrients out of raw vegetables. 
It went from there & it slowly became a Greek style salad with the tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese & the balsamic vinaigrette. I must add... I'm now a KALE fan & you should be too!!

RECIPE:
1/2 to 1 head of Kale
1/2 container of Baby tomatoes
couple slices of red onion
3-4 small cucumbers
Crumbed feta cheese

for the Vinaigrette: 1/4 cup of Balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 Tb of oregano, salt & pepper... Mixed together! Store leftovers in the refrigerator!

 Begin by striping the stem off the kale leaves & shred the leafs (to your desired size)... wash & dry! Add all the veggies.. Make vinaigrette, serve top with feta cheese & drizzle with Balsamic vinaigrette.
 Its so simple, filling & very taste.

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. ugh i so need to eat more salads this look yum thnk for sharing

    ReplyDelete